CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

HALLOWEEN

I have realized lately that I am horrible at a couple of things:
1. I am horrible at being on time! I used to be VERY good and an on time person. Since living in Hawaii, and I'm not trying to put the blame on something other than myself, I obviously adapted to the lifestyle and the way things work there. Being on time is NOT of upmost importance. It drove me nuts when I first moved there. Even one of my professors would show up 10 minutes late EVERY DAY to class! Aaah!

From the influence of Hawaii and my always late husband, I have become a slacker on being on time. I just realized it a few days ago when I was 20 minutes late to meet a friend (luckily she was later than I was, due to a Dr. appointment.)

I was supposed to meet @ 12:30PM and at 12:20PM is when I finally could bear to wake Breanna up from a nap. Then of course I had to load her in the car and drive which took alot more time then I had imagined!

So, that's one of my new goals. Be on time. (I do miss Hawaii where it just doesn't really matter if you're late!)

#2: I am bad at planning. Lately anyways, I am not planning very well, which doesn't help with the being late! Here's my most recent example...Halloween.

I not only waited to Halloween day to choose costumes for Breanna and myself, I ran around to buy them and barely got us ready in time to leave for her first "trunk or treat". Just my luck, Walmart electricity was out and so we had to go to a few stores (I had planned on an easy trip to one store to get costumes, candy, etc).

Poor Rob ended up being a "Ghost" b/c we had a white sheet at the house he could use...apparently he didn't like the idea too much b/c he actually never dressed up :( We ran out the door at 5:30PM, had to stop and buy candy really quick (b/c I had failed to do so during the day) and got to the trunk or treat 2 minutes late (thank goodness they took late arrivals in the parking lot!!)

We had lots of fun on Halloween and Breanna was the cutest last minute ladybug ever. Thank goodness for $10 costumes at grocery stores!! I know, I'm horrible!

Any advice for good planning and being on time? Rob and I both need them. We have a lot going on in our lives and minds and need to be organized. I used to be the organized one, but I seem to have let that slide since having Breanna.




8 comments:

Shanae said...

What a cute last minute costume, Breanna looks so cute, you look cute too!! Suggestions on being on time. Always tell your self the time you have to be some where is 15 minutes earlier. If I have a doctors apt. at 1:00 I always tell everyone 12:45 or write it down as 12:45, then if something does come up or you are running behind, you still have 15 min. extra. I don't know you can try, that is just works for me.

Michelle & Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle & Todd said...

Brooke, don't tell people you are at the little circle on the way to the CAC when you just left your apartment. Oh wait you did that all the time. :) That's hilarious that Rob wouldn't be a ghost lol. What a party pooper. You should have told him he was a character from his game and he would have jumped at it...jk. Ok love you bye.

Kelly said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself! Everything looks like it turned out great. I think you are spontaneous more than anything!

natalie said...

Hey you were only 2 minutes late? That is awesome! Breanna is too cute. Bryn was a ladybug also.
I just write everything down on my calendar. Otherwise it doesn't get done!
I'm bad at being on time too even though I hate being late. If other people are involved, I do what was mentioned above and tell them it's 15 min earlier. They'll help me get out the door sooner or if we're running "late" it won't matter.
Oh and noel wouldn't dress up even though I had plenty of costume ideas. So there you go! Even planning ahead does you no good sometimes.

Tara said...

um, i am scared i am becoming the same way. jason has a hard time being on time(must be that hawaiian thing!) and he might be rubbing off on me. i usually try to think ahead of how much time i need down to the specific task and i try to overestimate how long it will take me...sometimes this helps! and i do tell jason the time we need to be there is at least 15-20 min. sooner!

you look so beautiful in those pictures btw!! and i love breanna's costume! well done!

m@R(! said...

you guys look hot!! glad you had an awesome halloween. hey at least you have the desire to be a better planner and on time. that should count for something.

Lacy Rane said...

Isn't Halloween with kids so fun (and a bit chaotic)?! You and Breanna looked great . . . especially for being last minute!

As for the on-time thing, I struggle with it too. I think my main issue is that I underestimate how long it takes to do things. When Talie was a baby, I felt like it was an okay excuse. However, now that she is 15 months you would think I had gotten better!! I just hope I can improve before this next one comes along!

p.s. Did you write about your cruise and I missed it, or are we all still waiting to hear about the fabulous time you had??