CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 25, 2008

In December






These are pics of Breanna that Rob's brother Rodney took while we were in Colorado in December. She was having fun playing with her cousin Jasmine and also her grandparents dog. She loves animals. Every time she sees one she just screams with excitement and then starts smiling so much!

3 days until Breanna turns one year old! How exciting is that!!

Rob just passed an exam last Saturday and is now a licensed real estate agent, I was so proud of him for finishing that! He worked really hard studying every night for about 4 hours per night while he went through the course and then prepared for the exam.

I actually just applied to the community college here in Olympia and am taking a class this Spring Semester to become a nursing assistant. I'm actually interested in becoming a nurse, but am going to see if I REALLY want to do that, because it would take 2 more years of school full time!!

So, my plan is to do this nursing assistant class, it's 6 credits - one semester. Then i can apply at hospitals to get hired. I'm interested in working on the mom/baby floor of a hospital for postpartum care. My goal is to get hired on as a nursing assistant part time at nights on that floor and then see if it's something I would really like to pursue.

If so, then Rob and I will see how we can work that into our family plan! Too bad I didn't figure this out when I was doing my Bachelor's degree :( Actually I was thinking about that the other day and I realized I do not regret one bit attending BYUH and getting my degree in Psychology. Not only did I love BYUH and my degree, I also met my husband there and never would have if I had transferred back to CSU. Attending BYUH was the best decision I ever made :) (But, too bad they don't have a nursing program!!)

5 comments:

Michelle & Todd said...

B-Mom told me that you were thinking of doing that. I might do that too...just after I graduate. Tell Rob congrats on passing that! I also want to get my real estate license after I graduate. I have a lot of ambitions :) GREAT job getting a blog up...we need to encourage one another to be frequent bloggers. Love you. I'll call you tomorrow. Kiss Breanna for me.

Jessica said...

Horray for your family! It's crazy how things change. Good luck with all of your plans!

m@R(! said...

wow-that is awesome that Rob is doing Real estate and you are doing assistant nursing. I bet you will love it. you better not regret going to BYUH. you met some of your coolest friends there. :)

natalie said...

That first picture of Breanna is just precious. That is exciting that Rob is doing real estate now. Good luck with your class! I'm proud of you for going for it. I have all these things I want to do, but I never make time for them. Let us know how it goes.
I will try to be more like you and go for what I want and worry about how to make it work later.

Ashley C said...

Hey Brooke! Your blog is fun. I feel like I never have anything good to write about. I hope you like the nursing asst. stuff. I'm always trying to figure out if I want to work in the future, and what I would like to do. I dont regret my BA in Psychology either. It was fun and interesting and BYUH was a blast. We miss you guys!