CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Black Eye

Breanna is a drama queen and throws some big tantrums. One fit she almost always throws is when I need to go grocery shopping and sit and strap her into the shopping cart. I have learned that she throws a fit almost every time and so now I prepare for it. She throws her head and body back and will hit her head on the back of the cart seat, so I line it with her winter jacket so when she throws her head back she doesn't smack it into the metal.

Well...the other day she changed it up without any notice. She threw herself forwards and smacked her head into the metal wire. AAAAHHH! I was upset because I didn't react fast enough to catch her and prevent it, but what am I supposed to do, she has NEVER done that before.

She ended up hitting right below her eye and gave herself her first black eye. So, I took pics. I felt like the most horrible mother as I walked around the grocery store with my daughters eye turning purple :( I thought EVERYONE must be staring at her and thinking what a bad mom I am.... (I know I overreacted, but I was really shaken up by her getting hurt).

So, anyways, that is her first black eye story that I thought I would share! This was about a month ago I think.

Any ideas on how to get her NOT to throw a fit each time I have to put her in the grocery cart?

By the way, she is getting REALLY good at playing outside with the neighbor kids, they have so much fun each day running around outside "chasing" eachother. I'm grateful to have kids living next door to us because Breanna LOVES them!

Also, we're supposed to have great weather for the next 3 days so hopefully it really happens and I'll get to take some cute outdoor pics!



8 comments:

Lacy Rane said...

Breanna is so adorable . . . even when she is sad! As for feeling like a neglectful mother, I think it happens to everyone. When Talie was about a year old I had her in a dressing room with me. She was sitting on a bench, but just wanted to get down. She threw herself forward and landed flat on her face. Her nose was bloody and she was screaming. I left the store as quickly as possible, but felt horrible.

As for the shopping cart, Talie still hates it too, which as you know, does NOT make shopping any easier! I started taking her when she was hungry . . . that way she would sit still to eat snacks. It helps at least for a while!

Jessica said...

Awe, poor baby! Get ready for more of those!

m@R(! said...

oh that is sad!!! kinley has got a few of these...in fact she constantly has some sort of bruise on her face...
Today she feel off of a chair because i didn't catch her in time, feel down the stairs, and Jon lifted her up by her pants and her pants came off and she landed on her head.
it is so sad when they get hurt!!!

Ashley C said...

Poor Breanna. Well, now maybe she'll think twice before she throws a fit! Just kidding!
I'm so sorry we couldn't come down and see you guys. We really wanted to. Our trip turned out to be stressful and not so much fun. Nate's family is pretty chaotic when they're together. We would love to have you guys come here again! We will pick you up for sure!! :)

Noah's World said...

Brooke...how could you? JK...there will be more for sure, this is just the beginning. Jane was once playing with Gordon, my oldest nephew and he was on the chair. She accidentally let go off the chair and he fell and broke his arm. Nothing related to shopping carts and I really don't know why I am recounting this memory but hope it makes you feel better that it was just a black eye and nothing worse. Miss you guys and hope we could see you someday.

Celeste

Tara said...

how sad for little breanna!!!

Matti said...

Those are adorable photos. Even though the moment is sad. She's got the cutest curly hair!

Matti said...

BTW, Eden just got her first bruise the other day. We were at Sharks Cove and I wasn't paying close enough attention to Eden as she was walking around in the sand, which is very difficult for a toddler to do gracefully. Well, she ended up falling and smacking her cheek on a rock, and as the day went on it began to turn darker and darker. I never took a photo though, I shoulda'.