CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby Update

We went to the dr. today and had an ultrasound.  The baby's measuring in the 98th percentile....and the weight guesstimate right now is 7 lbs. 3 oz and I still have a ways to go...yikes!  His head is huge and so is his belly.  They could see hair on his head on the ultrasound, so i'm guessing he has quite a bit of hair! He is already turned head down and ready to go.  It was very fun to have a late ultrasound, we've never had one before.  It was great too b/c Rob was there, the kids and my mom was there (I've never had her come to an ultrasound before b/c we've always lived in another state :)


I could have been very happy without the information that he has a big head.  That, my friends, terrifies me for the birth coming soon.  I didn't have this information with Ethan or Breanna so their heads could have been just as big, but ignorance is bliss in this sort of scenario :)


They also checked my amniotic fluid level and it was a 12 something, which is good apparently.  The only measurement that was small was his leg bone.  The ultrasound tech said, well baby apparently wants to use all of his energy on his belly and head.  Dr. didn't think it was an issue, thought maybe it was the way he was positioned or something. They will start checking me next week at "full term" (37 weeks) to see if I am dialating/progressing at all.


Here's a picture of me at just over 36 weeks and 2 days (I believe)....kinda blurry pic, but you get the idea!



4 comments:

Michelle & Todd said...

You look cute! You should get induced on the 26th so that Todd can be there still to see the baby.

jess bahr said...

you are getting SO close! How exciting! It's always fun to go to the DR and find things out about the baby - kind of funny about his head though. I am sure everything will go great! Keep us posted :)

Matti said...

You do look so cute! I think when they checked on Eden before I had her my amniotic was an 8 or 9. And she said it's not terrible but not good (that's why they took her out that day)...and I've always wondered what "good" would have been. Now I know! ;-)

Erika and Darren said...

Maybe the baby will be soo big that he'll sleep through the night from the very start. That would make it all worth it.