CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 9, 2009

House Hunting

So, we moved to Lacey, Wa in June of 2007, so we've been here for over a year and a half. When we moved we were very concerned and pleaded with our property manager to give us a 6 month lease rather then a full year contract. This is because we were moving into the apartment "temporarily" while we looked for a house.

Temporarily does not feel temporary anymore.

Now don't get me wrong, we've had a lot of life changes, issues, good stuff, bad stuff in the last year and a half, but seriously one of the things on the top of our list has been to find a house to purchase and move into.

We have spent thousands (I'm not kidding) of hours researching listings on the internet, calling agents, driving aimlessly around looking for listings not on the MLS, driving around to listings we're excited about, walking through homes and writing offers. OFFERS. We have put many offers on houses. Unfortunately we are not going to settle for what we don't agree with or don't think is a fair market price. We have found many AMAZING houses, alot of them though have been short sales and we have waited countless months hoping for good news because we were for sure that we loved the house and wanted it as ours....only to never hear back from the agent, who apparently had 6 other offers for one house, changed offices and just did not inform ANY of the people of what was happening. (Long story, but one of the couples Rob sold a house to at work actually offered on the same short sale we did but after 4 or 5 months gave up and came and bought from him :)

I'm tired of living temporarily in our apartment. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for having 2 bedrooms instead of one like in Hawaii. I'm greatful for space and not being able to hear everything our next door neighbors are doing (the neighbors on each side, above us and across the grass in other apartment complexes in TVA :) I'm greatful not to hear, like Rob did, a woman in labor in the middle of the night. I'm greatful to not hear babies, babies, babies crying all the time (at least it seemed like all the time because if one stopped, others started). Yes, I miss Hawaii but I don't miss all that noise :)

Wow, I'm complaining quite a bit. Sorry about that. I just want us to find something that fits our needs and wants and hopes and dreams, is that too much to ask for?

I bet every real estate agent who has ever worked with us HATES us because we are picky, but it's the biggest purchase in our lifetime, so I really can't help it.

Anywho, here are pics of the latest we're looking at:




Don't get too excited, we have issues with committing apparently, but who knows, maybe one will work out :)

9 comments:

Ashley C said...

Good luck you guys! It is definitely a big decision and a stressful one. I hope you get one of the houses you like! Keep us posted.

Tara said...

how exciting! i hope one works out! getting a house was by far the worst experience ever! i feel for you!

Kristi said...

Thats cool, paul and I are going through the same issues, I never thought we would be in the home buying mode in SoCal, but with this market we are. Our offer got accepted on one house, but now we have to say yes or no. ugh, I just want it to be perfect like Utah, a huge brand new home for cheap.

Well good luck with your search.

m@R(! said...

how fun!! i can't believe how stressful buying a house is..it should just be really fun! the houses are soo cute..i love the second one..it has sooo much personality!!

Laura McGee said...

ooo im loving that yellow house!! :) :) good luck! :) hopefully soon we will be in that boat..

P Kirkwood said...

Um...none of those look to be in our ward! Just kidding, kindof. We would miss you guys, but I hated(!!!) apartment living. I hope you have better luck this time. Pam

mom said...

What the heck???!!!You haven't spoken to me in a week and this is what you've been doing??? jk They all look great. Call when it's good for you Love, momxoxo

Lacy Rane said...

What cute houses! They have so much more personality than the sea of stucco down here in AZ. (Not that I'm complaining.)

Good luck in you hunting though! We hope you find the PERFECT one. AND that once you do, all the craziness of trying to find it will have been well worth it!!

Jessica said...

I know, it is STRESSFUL! Good luck. They all look really cute!