CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pie



My husband wins the best husband award.

Yesterday he got me a pie I have been wanting since I had one piece of it and wanted more at our family reunion. It is a Marie Calendar's Chocolate Silk Pie (freezer section at the grocery store). It is to die for. It was not on sale and quite expensive. If it was me I would have continued to want it and not buy it b/c it was too expensive.

He bought it for me.

He also said that it was MINE...just for me. I could do whatever I wanted and eat it however fast or slow I wanted to. I thought, "awesome!" But, I also thought, "I wonder how long that will really last." (that's me being a skeptic).

Either way I was thrilled.

He lasted 24 hours before asking for a piece. I told him he could have one today, but the rest is mine.

I'll let you know how many pieces get eaten by me versus him in the end.

(Side note - whenever we have a great dessert, I want to savor it, make it last as long as possible. Cut small pieces and eat it whenever I want, making it last a REALLY long time. He likes to eat it fast and furiously....if it's great, why not have 3 pieces in one night. So that's why I was so happy when it was given to me, so that I would not feel like I had to eat it fast to make sure I got my fair share :) Anyways, it was VERY nice of him, and we'll see what happens! Until then, I will slowly devour my pie!!)

4 comments:

Ashley C said...

Yum. That sounds so good. I would honestly eat it all within 24 hours. That's how I roll. :)

jess bahr said...

haha! I am quite interested to see how much you get in the end as well....
You have got some patience. When it comes to me and chocolate, there's no making it last!

natalie said...

You give out that award quite easily. haha.
You and I are the same. I still have candy "Santa" brought me from Belgium!!

m@R(! said...

that looks amazing!!! There is no way I could make that pie last. :)