CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Babysitter???





Does anyone know how much is "acceptable" to pay a babysitter? I just asked a young woman at church to babysit for Breanna this coming Saturday night.....I have no clue how much to pay her????


If you couldn't tell, I have NOT been good about getting a babysitter. My goal when we moved to Washington was to have a standing date night with Rob and have a babysitter lined up for that so we could go out once a week without Breanna.


Well....since then, it hasn't happened. I'm too chicken to leave my baby girl with anyone!!!! Every week I think about it and then I don't call any girls on the young women's list because I feel to scared to leave her with one of them.

Can you say separation anxiety??


Rob paid this lady Pam in our ward watch Breanna last week and took me out to dinner for my birthday which was great, but I felt comfortable because I know her and she has 3 of her own children, and carries Breanna around like she is one of the family. We went out at 4pm and got back at 7pm so that we could get Breanna before she got cranky and tired. We had a BLAST, but I know that I shouldn't rely on families to babysit Breanna, especially for a night out.


Any suggestions on feeling comfortable with a babysitter??

5 comments:

natalie said...

Bryn loves her babysitter!
I suggest the first time you hire someone to hire them while you are there cleaning for just an hour. That way you can keep an eye/ear out, see how Breanna likes her, and they can get used to each other. You'll also have more time to fill her in on things and can finally get some stuff done too!
As for this weekend.. pay whatever you are comfortable with! I've heard as low as $4/hour and as high as $8/hour (for one kid). You'll know if it was enough if the girl wants to babysit again or not. haha! I suggest starting out low so that you can increase later.
Good for you for getting a babysitter. You deserve a night out.

m@R(! said...

I HAVE NO ADVICE ON THE BABYSITTING THING. SORRY! YOU WILL HAVE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO...JON AND I JUST DO BABYSITTING SWAPS WITH OUR FRIENDS SO THAT NEITHER OF US HAVE TO PAY!

Tara said...

good job brooke! i think that is a big step!! you definitely deserve to get out just the two of you. i have heard as low as $2-3/hr for just one kid not too long ago. but i don't know. maybe it depends on how long you guys are gone.

Cory said...

I'd ask her what she usually gets paid, if she doesn't give you a number I'd base it on her age. The younger she is, the less you have to pay her. As for going out in the future, Adam and I have another couple in our ward with one kid and we trade off watching so that we each get to go out without having to pay. I know some people who even have groups so once a month you watch 4-5 kids and the other 3 nights you get to go out. The nice thing is you know that the other people know what to do since they're parents. The biggest thing is go out and have fun...try not to worry she'll be FINE!

natalie said...

Oh by the way, I love that first shot of Breanna... how her hands are on top of each other waiting patiently to be fed. So cute!