CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

FREE

My husband Rob created a blog and I think you all should check it out b/c I think it's pretty awesome!

http://roblog9ner.blogspot.com/

He was chatting with our friend Traci and were talking about something to do with coupons or free something or other...Rob told Traci that she should start a blog about everything that is free!



So, instead of letting the idea slide, Rob got working on his FREE BLOG! Anyone who went to BYU Hawaii and was married, or visited TVA, will understand the name of his blog (Freebie Bin:)

For those of you who didn't, the freebie bin was at married student housing office in Hawaii. People would bring items that they didn't sell or don't use anymore to the freebie bin and it was free game for anyone. Now, Mark, Traci's husband first taught my husband about this the first or second we moved into TVA. So.....Rob became a TVA stalker and would check it a few times a day and bring me home surprises.

Now this may sound weird, but we got a lot of cool stuff from there including a dresser, books, movies, microwave, etc. (All very important when we first moved in:)

Then, I became a freebie bin stalker when I got pregnant with Breanna and I got some awesome baby clothes for her!

Here's another confession....at the end of each semester we would both stalk the freebie bin when people would just toss their textbooks in there b/c the bookstore wouldn't buy them back or they were too short on time and were moving. We would check the ISBN #'s on the books and if they were worth $ then we would resell them on Amazon.com. Okay, I know this sounds crazy too but we made over $300 for 2 seperate semesters!! (This was needed money for poor students:)

Anywho, now you all know my confession; I am a tightwad who loves hunting for free/cheap deals. I really do love nice, new things, but who doesn't love a good deal?

Anyways, check out his blog!!

http://roblog9ner.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Spiresfam said...

So do I get a share of the profit?

natalie said...

The freebie bin idea is awesome. I wish I would've had that in college!
By the way, if you want a good deal The Childrens Place is having an AWESOME sale. I got shirts for $1, pants for $2 and a coat for next winter for $5!! The boy section didn't have as good of deals though.

betsy said...

hi brooke. just wanted to say hi. rob's blog is really fun. your little girl is a doll.

Jessica said...

good idea!

m@R(! said...

i love the website...thanks!!! i am getting sent free shampoo from walmart, thanks to you!

Lacy Rane said...

Brooke, you make me laugh! Oh how I miss the freebie bin!! That is where we got our breadmaker . . . and I think a few textbooks too. More things in life should be free . . . .

Kelly said...

I love free stuff. Thanks for putting this site together!

Tara said...

what a fun idea! i am going to check it out!

Jeff Snoy said...

Pathetic. I have never met anyone so cheap. The even number thing is sick. (I do it also).
Love,
Dad

Noelle said...

Hey Rob and Brooke!
I just made a blog and I'm so excited to contact people who have left TVA. Its so fun to see Breana and how cute she is. It sounds like you guys are doing good and I hope you keep in thouch!