CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sick Baby

I am TIRED. I am so tired of SOMETHING being wrong with Breanna. It has been since October that one thing after another has been wrong with her, and in between sick spells she'll push through another tooth which makes her miserable. Lately I about went insane as she endured the pain of pushing through 4 molars and 2 bottom teeth through all at once :(

Since October she's had:
*Head colds
*Double ear infection
*Teething (of course)
*Roseola
*Vomiting
*Diarrhea
*Another Round of fever, vomiting and diarrhea
*Constipation - extreme pain where she isn't eating/sleeping
*Thrush
*Diaper rash (too many times to count)
*Skin infection


*I can't remember if there was any more...??

I'm SPENT!!!! (as is she-poor baby girl.)

We have spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and her Birthday with a MISERABLE baby due to some sort of illness.

In the past month we have had 5 good days....5, the entire month. Those days were amazing. She was so happy, laughing, playing, smiling, and so fun to be with. The rest of the days have been sooooo tiring and hard. She is a very unhappy girl when she is sick and I am so drained.

For the past month she hasn't slept well, she gets up usually 3 times/night; it started with her throwing up one night, then 1 1/2 weeks of diarrhea and then a week of teething, 2 more days with fever, 1 day of throwing up and now I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS WRONG. Last night she was up from 2:45am to 4:10am, she screams and tenses up her body like she is in obvious pain, but from what? She is also inconsolable, will not take a bottle, let me rock/hold her, take her pacifier, etc.

I apologize for complaining so much, but I am sad. I am sad for my little baby who isn't feeling well. I'm sad for our lack of sleep. I'm sad for feeling frustrated with her when I know it's not her fault. I feel sad for losing my patience.

Rob and I decided after our 2nd Dr. appointment this week that we're switching to another pediatrician. I am very disgusted with the lack of help I have received from Breanna's pediatrician. I have been told time and time again that it's a virus and to wait and see in a week if it's not better. They have not run tests, they have not helped. I came into the 2nd appointment with hope that I would be taken seriously and that was not the case.

Anyways, that is my sob story. I know there are a lot of worse things in the world and that my problems are small.

13 comments:

Teresa said...

You can check out my blog at Treebcb.blogspot.com I'm a blogger now. Sorry Breanna is so sick. It makes it very difficult, I remember!
Aunt T.

m@R(! said...

that is sad she is sick all the time...that must be hard on you and her. just think how healthy she will be when shes older because she will get all the sickness out. :)

Michelle & Todd said...

:( Sorry Breanna is sick still. The only reason I don't feel worse for you is because you get mom in 3 days. I am jealous. Hey you should have her find my camera and bring it to you then you guys can take pictures of things you do. You should also try to get her to send something to me :O) Love you! Get on chat tomorrow so we can talk sometime.

Cory said...

It's no fun having a sick baby...I understand! If you ever need to get away (she'll still be crabby, but at least it'll be new scenery and I can help) we would LOVE to have you out here. I'm always looking for company.

Shalena said...

It really is no fun to have a sick baby, especially at this age when you really have no idea what is wrong, because they can't really communicate it very well. I hope everything gets better with little Breanna!

~Shalena

Ashley C said...

I'm so sorry Brooke! That sounds awful. Poor Breanna!! I really hope you find a good doctor for her. It sounds like something is definitely wrong. I hope she gets better soon.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry! Sick babies are the worst. I feel so bad for YOU and Breanna. Jocelyn has had a bad diaper rash for a month and I have tried everything, it just get frustrating! I hope she feels better so you all can get some sleep!

Kelly said...

So sorry! Hopefully once it warms up things will get better. I will one day understand I'm sure. All I have to take care of right now is my sick hubby and that is never fun.

natalie said...

Oh my gosh. I had no idea. That is so frustrating for both of you. My suggestion is if you don't like what this doctor says, take her to another one and another one and another one until they figure it out because I don't think that's normal for her to be sick so often! And it's certainly not fair.

Ashley C said...

Hey, sorry you'll be a "single mom" for the next few weeks. Its so lonely huh? I hated it. I hope Rob likes his new job!! We're planning on coming to visit sometime soon. I really miss it over there. We will let you know when we're coming! I hope Breanna is getting better. Its so hard taking care of a sick baby. Sorry. :(

Ashley C said...

I completely agree with your advice. Seriously, in the end- this stuff that I worry about is not gonna matter at all. She is gonna be just fine either way. I compare my mothering skills to other mothers so often, and all it does it stress me out. I'm gonna work on that. So how is Breanna these days? Is she feeling better? Is she trying to walk?

Ashley C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I hope your child is better now.
My baby is food allergic and is also often sick, so I understand how you feel. Don't hesitate to change doctors if you feel you are not getting proper help - me and my baby suffered a lot because it took a while for doctors to diagnose correctly his problem.