CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Can You Imagine Driving Across the USA with ONE Tank of Gas??

I think this will be my next car.....



No, I'm not kidding.

The name is Aptera. This new "Hybrid" aims for an astounding 330 miles per gallon. All right, who else wants one now??? Well, it is still not quite there, but the prototype reached 230 MPG and I would be happy enough with that!

This is considered a "motorcycle" because it only has 3 wheels. It is supposed to be ready in late 2008 if everything goes well.







BENEFITS:

*Two adults can fit comfortably in the driver and passenger seat, and a removable third seat is located in the back for infants
*Removing that back seat allows enough room for 15 bags of groceries
*Even though the Aptera is classified as a motorcycle, you don't need to wear a motorcycle helmet -- or obtain a motorcycle license, for that matter -- because the vehicle is enclosed
*Drivers are permitted to use HOV lanes, even if there's only one person inside
*Top speed for the Aptera will exceed 85 mph and will most likely be limited electronically at 95 mph
*The Aptera will be available as an all-electric or a plug-in hybrid for under $30,000

DOWNFALLS:

*Unfortunately ONLY California residents will be able to purchase this for the first while and will be available to the rest of the US later on :( (Todd and Michelle, if you're living in California, I need you to buy this for me, I will pay for it, but you'll be the only California residents I know :)

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Great car! I want one too. I guess Michelle and Todd will be busy buying many cars.

About Breanna, she is amazingly smart. It's a good parent who thinks that. You're a great mom, Brooke!
Aunt T.

Michelle & Todd said...

Maybe we will live there JUST so we can buy this car. That would be sweet to not to pay for gas (especially right now because it's like 3.60 a gallon). P.S. What are these flowers you keep sending me? Please explain. Love you!

Kelly said...

What a crazy looking car or is it a plane......I'm not sure yet?

Lacy Rane said...

You are so funny! I enjoyed this.

Kristi said...

Hey you know more CA residents. Paul and I have lived in CA for almost a year now, since I graduated. What is up with you guys. You'll have to check out our blog too. brewerohana{dot}blogspot{dot}com. Anyway good to finally find you guys. How's everything going? Long time.