CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Genius Baby


I've been thinking about this for a little while now.

Why does it amaze us every time our child does something? It doesn't matter if it is normal, fast, behind-schedule, etc.

Okay, here is my example:

My daughter is a GENIUS!!!! I don't know where she got it from but she is a genius. The other night I had to take her to activity days with me b/c Rob was out of town. The activity we were doing was coloring pictures to hang in the nursery to brighten their room. Well I had her on my lap and I was coloring a sing we were going to hang. I gave Breanna blank paper and markers (lids were on) and she was pretending to color. Then at some point she grabbed a pencil and actually held it and "colored" or scribbled all over the paper.



Now I just got a scanner from my dad and as soon as I hook it up to the computer I'm going to scan the page so I can post it on this blog. Now to the rest of you it may look like nothing special, but it's her first artwork and I am in shock of how much a genius my little girl is!!!

I can give many other examples DAILY of how she amazes me with not so amazing things :)



*We have a thermometer that you scan across your forehead, well after I took her temp. the other day, she reached out and grabbed the thermometer and then proceeded to tap it on her forehead like she was taking her temp. (Genius baby)

*She is a stubborn little thing about this whole walking concept and will do it when she is coaxed by Rob and myself, but each time she does it, even if it's only one or two steps I am amazed. (This is hilarious b/c she's not even doing this "sooner than normal" she's actually a bit behind, yet I still think that this will make her the next super special athlete. (Genius baby).

*When my mom was here she learned how to make the sound that an "S" makes and learned this while my mom was bathing her. (Genius baby).

*She is horrible at it, but she's trying to hold and use a spoon when she eats, so I encourage her by putting almost all her food in a bowl on her highchair and handing her a spoon to "pretend" she's doing it. Even though she can't do it, the fact that she's trying....GENIUS BABY!!

Okay, I'm going to stop now so I don't bore you all any more.

I'm guessing most parents feel this same way about their children, but man I love it! I had no idea being a parent could feel so fun and wonderful! (Yes, I know I really complained tons in that other post, but isn't that what life is like day in and day out with a baby??) I just really love the moments of the day where I feel so attached, proud and amazed by her.

10 comments:

m@R(! said...

She is definilty a Genius!!!

Ashley C said...

Sounds like a genius to me! Where was that picture taken with Breanna in her stroller. It looks so pretty!

Erika and Darren said...

Hi Brooke,

I connected to your blog from Michelle and Todd's blog. It's great to see pics of you guys and see how much Breanna is growing. She is the cutest! Just since the wedding in December, I swear she has gotten taller.

Jessica said...

Yes! They are amazing!!!

Michelle & Todd said...

Scan in her picture already. I want to see her amazing work of art. She is a genius...that little thief :) She knows what she wants and she'll get it! Now she needs to come out here and play with her Aunt for awhile. You should come soon...............love you!

Tara said...

knowing her parents, i don't doubt that she is a genius. love the pics.

Ashley C said...

You're so funny. I enjoyed your post. All good ideas! I am thinking of joining our local athletic club. They have tons of fun classes and stuff there. That's so cute that Breanna did "swimming lessons." I would love to see that!!

Ashley C said...

I also want to mention that I think its really cool that you guys always get out and explore new places. I think you've been to more places in WA than Nate and I and we grew up there. Pathetic! We need to be more like you guys. We really are gonna come visit. I think we will come in the next month or so. Especially since the cruise didnt work out.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stef j. said...

Hey Douglases! This is Stef Jorgensen from good ol' Hawaii. I found your blog through the Carters.

I love this post - so true! Like there is any five year old that doesn't eat with their own utensils, walk, and talk. But when your own child starts doing it ... GENIUS!