CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shoplifting




The other day Breanna and I went to the mall. I stopped in the store "Claire's" to look for some new hair bows for her. She was riding in a "car" stroller that you can check out and use in the mall, which she loves b/c there is a little steering wheel to play with!

Since she was content, I took quite a bit of time choosing some new clips for her. We bought 2 packs then left the store, headed towards the mall playground. Well, halfway to the other side of the mall she started crying. I stopped to get her pacifier which had dropped and something fell out of her stroller cart......

MORE HAIR BOWS!!!!

Let me be honest here and say my first reaction was, oh wow, those are different then the ones I bought....well that's exciting, free bows!!! A few seconds later my honest side kicked in (darn it:) and I thought, oh no, we just shoplifted!

So, we turned around and hurried back to the store. I turned over the hair bows that Breanna had decided to take and apologized for stealing, telling them that obviously Breanna did not like my choice for her bows and so she grabbed what she would prefer :) The lady laughed and thanked me for taking the time to bring them back.

I think I might have the youngest shoplifter in the history of the world..... :)

P.S.- The tiny hair clips in her pigtails are the clips I chose, you can kind of see them if you look really closely!

5 comments:

Lacy Rane said...

What a great story! I'm excited for you to tell Breanna about this when she is old enough to understand . . .

Jessica said...

haha, jocelyn stole a tea candle once and I didn't notice until we were gone. But you are a better person than I, I didn't take it back. Oh well.

Jessica said...

In my defense, she did steal candy from target once and I noticed when we were walking to the car, and I did take that back. How I didn't notice her carrying a huge bag of mini twix until we got to the car is beyond me. I was really sad to because I wanted those twix.

Michelle & Todd said...

Oh Breanna...she is a little thief. She looks sweet and innocent, but she definitely is not. JK. She's the cutest. You need to post videos of her!!!! Soon. Now. Love you.

Teresa said...

She doesn't look like your typical shoplifter, you've got a good thing going there. Good call on returning the bows, even though Breanna will want them later. LOL