CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Swaddling Question

Ok, here is where you can help me out.......

Please let me know what was your favorite material to swaddle your newborn in. I'm looking online to buy some blankets to swaddle the new little guy and is cotton, flannel, etc. best, which one? Also, did anyone use any special brand or anything that they couldn't live without and made a huge difference?

We just used whatever blankets were given to us for Breanna and it worked, but she always got her arms out, and she was much happier with them in when she was newborn.....that's why I'm wondering if anyone has a favorite thing I could try out!

Thanks.....also, let me know ASAP cuz I need to buy it before this baby arrives :)

6 comments:

Michelle & Todd said...

Brooke you might not want my advice :) but you know those ones that I bought at Target the day you left? I LOVE those ones...they are really lightweight yet large enough to use for awhile (Paxton still uses his). Here is a link...they have them in blue and in green.


http://www.target.com/Studio-Target-Flannel-Receiving-Blankets/dp/B001KJU3RU/qid=1246077253/ref=br_1_4/183-0582403-6073530?ie=UTF8&node=1259615011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Michelle & Todd said...

P.S. If you want those let me know :)

Ashley C said...

With Paige I always liked flannel. Its really soft and it stretches a little so you can wrap them tight.

natalie said...

I didn't get these with my girls because I found out about them too late, but they look AMAZING.
Aiden and Anais sells muslin swaddle blankets. They are lightweight so they don't get too hot and are huge (but since so light you can double if needed). My friends who have used them love them. They are kind of expensive, but I just saw them at Target for cheaper. Get it in white so that if you decide to have more kids and you have a boy you can still use them and not feel bad about the price. :)

Heather said...

Oh!! TRUST ME! I got those SUPER soft muslin wraps that Natalie talked about for my shower and they are a DREAM!!!! They're thin, but you can fold them so the baby stays warm. They're kind of stretchy. Well, let's just say they're a dream-come-true! They're a little pricey, but SOOO worth it!
They come from Australia.
http://adenandanais.com/shop-now/muslin-wraps?p=4

Erika and Darren said...

Hi Brooke,

We can't live without these:

http://www.amazon.com/Luna-Lullaby-Soothing-Swaddle-Blanket/dp/B000UZZDES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1246406833&sr=1-1

We've tried everything. These are the perfect size, are great because they are don't keep baby hot and are great for shading the stroller. I recently bought another pack because we love them.