CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

84 degrees on January 15th!!!!!!!!

No, no, it wasn't that warm outside (I WISH!!!!)

But.........we got to go to the Great Wolf Lodge on Friday and experience WARMTH, WATER, and FUN!!!!






We got to go just for the day (the website looks like the rooms would be REALLY fun for your family to stay overnight) to the waterpark.

IT WAS HUGE!!

Just walking into the lodge was amazing.....they had tons of lights up and huge lit up snowflakes. There was a awesome gigantic fireplace and big trees and it was just incredible. Then we walked to the waterpark which also was HUGE! There was a wave pool, kiddie pools with slides, toys, etc. Slides for little kids, slides for big kids and slides for families and adults of course.

Breanna had a blast. She went down tiny slides, played on the toys, watched rob and I take turns on the big waterslides and played for hours in the pool with Rob.

They had amazing lifejackets for the kids and it actually made Breanna be able to "swim" with out us holding her up in a pool which was 4 feet deep!

My only advice is to wait til your 6 month baby is older to go :) He CLUNG onto me for dear life and would cry EVERY time I even started walking into a pool. I have never seen the little man so clingy and upset. He was perfectly content and happy on the side of the pool sitting there (while I stood there making sure he didn't move forwards towards the pool). He would crack up laughing at Breanna and Rob while they swam and then we got him a ball and that entertained him dropping it over and over into the pool and laughing.

**Unfortunately we didn't try this til the last 45 minutes and so my arms were dead tired from holding him the other hours :) I thought he would love the pool b/c he LOVES the bath.....apparently not!

Next time we go I want Breanna to be over 42 inches tall so she can ride the rides with us and Ethan be old enough to play and have fun like Breanna did this time. So, maybe when they're 3 and 5 1/2 years old. I would also love to stay there overnight, but I would wait til they're older to do that too so we don't have to take turns holding babies to ride on the slides!!!

It was a much needed break from the rain, rain, rain and more rain!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! That place looks incredible. I wanna go!

natalie said...

I'm so glad you posted your *real* experience. There is a Wolf Lodge near us and every time we see the commercials we talk about going but aren't sure if it's right for our kids ages. I will wait another year or two!

P Kirkwood said...

Didn't I tell you it was great?! But I did say you have to go with another family so that you can take turns with the little ones. That makes it so much fun. This is my new favorite place.