CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Hobby

I have a secret desire to become a coupon lady. But, alas, I have neither the energy, the talent or the time at this point to do it. I think of starting small and maybe I will. But, right now, one trip to the grocery store is plenty....and honestly I don't want to spend my "free" time going there after the kiddos are asleep.

So....those are my excuses.

But....this is my hobby that I thoroughly enjoy, garage saleing! I love Saturday mornings for this reasona and my kiddos are finally learning that if they're good and not fussing and throwing fits about it, that I will buy them something. I almost NEVER buy them anything at the store (b/c they ask for things at every trip) so this is a real treat for them.

Afterwards I feel elated at my amazing deals I get. Rob was the best husband ever and yesterday gave me $20 in cash he had in his wallet so I could go garage saleing (I never have cash on hand, which is an issue....and a hassle when you just want to go to a sale, not to the store or atm first). Then, he grabbed me $20 more when we got some pizza from Sam's, "just in case I found a big item) Wow! I was so greatful for him encouraging me :)

Here are my treasures from today:
1. Boy clothes for Ethan - 25 pieces 2. Girl clothes for Breanna - 13 pieces3. Awesome 3T winter coat/Snowsuit for next winter, Winter boots for Ethan, and Bike Helmet for Ethan (so he doesn't have to wear one that's pink with flowers all over it!)


4. Trike with handle pusher (he wants to "learn" so after bending over and walking up and down the sidewalk....I'm over it, I needed a handle!) ABC tracing book for Breanna.


5. Not pictured- Small soccer ball, Dora sandals for Breanna, Pair of sketchers for Ethan (to grow into), Buzz lightyear toy.


Grand Total : What would you guess??????????














$16 and yes, I'm pretty proud of myself!





4 comments:

Rick and Corina Douglas said...

YAYYY!!! Great Job!! I LOVE GARAGE SALEING!! And couponing!! I will have to teach you! I have been learning how to get free stuff from the stores with coupons and once you figure it out, YOU BECOME ADDICTED!! LOL! I actually went garage saleing today with my sister, but went a little late! We need to go together some time!! : )

Kamrah King said...

hurray, that is awesome. I love deals like that, but my hubby is anti garage sale, which makes it less exciting to go do it.

Michelle & Todd said...

Good haul. Hopefully you are out right now getting more. I got some roxy pants for Breanna at the outlet yesterday.

natalie said...

I love garage saling too, but I never find clothes. that's awesome!
couponing is overrated. I did it for about 2 years. It is like a part time job. You definitely put in your hours to save the money. Now that I do photography I don't have time for it, and I realized I'd much rather do something creative that hassle with cashiers over coupons!