CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sunbeams



2 weeks ago at church Breanna started bawling when Rob and I came to get her from Sunbeams. She has never reacted like this and I was wondering if something was really wrong. She's usually excited to see us and show us her coloring and tell us something about Sunbeams.

Well, we didn't see inside the classroom, but the kiddos were having turns standing in front of the class holding a Sunbeam while they all sang the song. Apparently Rob and I got there too early and she hadn't had a chance to be up there.

(of course she doesn't tell us this, just sobs.)

Her teacher quickly reacted by asking Breanna if she wanted to take the Sunbeam home for the week so that she could do it for our FHE. The sobs ended and she smiled.

Breanna and Ethan took MANY turns all week long to proudly stand in front of the family and sing sunbeam with us. And, we successfully returned it without losing it!

I'm so greatful for an amazing Sunbeam teacher who not only understands my daughter, but loves her and shows her this weekly. I have seen her take Breanna and give her hugs, have her sit on her lap (after Breanna got her foot stomped on by another little one and was crying), has great lessons and is so wonderful to her. I can really feel like she loves Breanna. I know from teaching in primary that it isn't the easiest thing to love everyone else's children (at least not for me), it's so easy for me to love my own, but to truly love others takes special teacher!

1 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Not only are parents grateful for those kind of parents, so are primary leaders. If all of them were like that, this would be an easy job