CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Craft

We were going to go to a tiny hay maze today after exercise with a friend, but the weather was rainy and windy so we decided to postpone it.  This did not appease Breanna, who bawled 1/2 the way home in the car.  I came up with the brilliant idea to do a halloween craft and she was back to a happy girl :)

We looked online and got an idea that required toilet paper rolls (the inside part).  Luckily I didn't take all the trash out like I should have (today is trash day) and we found 5 toilet paper rolls and one paper towel roll!

We created little creatures with construction paper, markers and tape (all 3 glue sticks were dried out.......hmmmm....guess the kids used those on another project????).  Breanna spent an hour and 15 or an hour and a half on her bat.  She worked really hard and is really proud of it.  Ethan spent a good 1/2 hour on his paper.  He colored on a paper, front and back, and would sigh about every 2 minutes and say, "I working really hard mom."

I let Breanna put them wherever she wanted, she loved it b/c she keeps telling me we need to buy more halloween decorations.  She doesn't realize how cheap her mommy is and how I'm waiting for AFTER halloween to buy the clearance decorations for next year :) (I really do have decorations, just apparently not enough in a 4 year old's mind!)






0 comments: