CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 2

Today we went to Sprouts to get the fruits and veggies we needed for the week.  I spent $13.47, which I was really happy about.  This will hopefully last for the whole week for us.  I only bought fruits and veggies on sale.  No extras....a lot of times we get yogurt covered pretzels, nuts, pirate's booty, drinks, etc....that aren't necessarily on sale.

I got 3 bananas, 7 apples, a bag of clementines, 2 tomatoes, 2 bags of carrots, 4 potatoes, 1 cantelope, and 1 bag of grapes. 

We already have lettuce, avocadoes, cilantro, broccoli, one onion and celery to start off the month. 
The nice cashier gave Breanna and Ethan each a fruit strip thing after I bought the groceries for free, so they got a treat, without even asking for one :)  She was really nice and this is the 2nd time she's done this with my kids.  Last time was when I was 9 month preggo with Luke she gave them each a chocolate milk for free.  Really cool.

I did something I shouldn't have and went to some garage sales on the way home.  I wasn't planning on it but I did and I wasn't going to post about this, but I had $5 in cash and decided I could spend that and no more (even though I was thinking of ways to go get cash as I saw the garage sales).

I did well! I only spent $3 and I'm really happy about my purchases. I got Luke a toy like this for $2, which usually the cheapest you can find is like $25 or something like that.  I also got Breanna some sparkly/girly tennis shoes (big for later) for $1, which she has wanted for a long time and cost at least $15 in the stores new.  So, definitely not necessities but happy with my purchases and the fact that I didn't go too crazy! 

Total spent this month: $16.47.....now to try not to spend over the weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle & Todd said...

Woot woot!

m@R(! said...

Awesome! I want to be as good at finding a deal as you.