CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 1 update

We are doing really well so far, our grand total for the first week was...... $92.92. 


This is because we got more groceries for the week and spent $19.42 (almost $20!!) on necessities like toilet paper, etc.

This $92.92 includes Rob eating out at Wendy's for $4.50 and Chipotle for $7.63.  This actually made me kinda mad at first b/c he is not committing 100% to this like I feel like I am.....then I thought about it more.

Rob usually buys something EVERYDAY while working on the route.  To have only bought 2 items the entire week is actually a huge success.  Yes, it's not perfection, but it's pretty darn close!  Especially b/c I didn't behave perfectly this week with the garage sales, and I guarantee I am going to spend $5 on garage sales this weekend.

But, that is under the average that we need to spend each week to make our goal!!! Very exciting and a successful first week.

We have some things coming up though, so we REALLY need to be careful.  We have a family event on Saturday that we need to buy food for.  Also, we have friends coming to visit over Labor day weekend, so if we can get through this whole month with our "mini vacation" included that would be amazing.

One last thing....I have an almost empty tank of gas....so I'm thinking I'll put in $20 to start off week #2 and see how long it can last us!

Go us! (Yes, I am my own personal cheerleader....someone has got to do it right?)

0 comments: