CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer time



I love summer! It is wonderful and that's one of the reasons why I loved living in Hawaii. I love being able to be outdoors and enjoy the fresh air and the space that the outdoors gives you. I also really think that it refreshes and rejuvenates me.


So, remember the pretty pictures that I showed of Long Lake Park....well, the other day it got up to 99 degrees here, which doesn't happen very often in Western Washington, and I will show you a picture of what happens to the pretty park on a day of hot weather.....


Breanna and I have been surviving through her teething process. She is one unhappy baby right now and I feel so bad for her, but it's wearing on me too b/c she's SO cranky. I feel horrible for her, but it's hard b/c the things she normally enjoys aren't even being fun for her right now because she's having a hard time being distracted from her pain.


One of the things she loves the most is being in the frontpack and being outside on a walk....well that even failed today! She cried after only 10 minutes of being outside and didn't stop crying even when I took her out, carried her, sang to her, tried to distract her with leaves from a tree, keys, etc (she loves my keys and i never let her play with them....so she was REALLY cranky!)

She cried until I put her down for an early nap and same thing happened in the afternoon.

At least she's sleeping though for naps and at night, b/c that is amazing considering how she's acting during the daytime. I miss my easy baby! I know it'll pass soon, and I feel so badly for her, I just wish I could be the one hurting instead of her. I'm excited for her tooth though. She was biting my finger today and it's sharp poking through, so I hope it comes through soon so she feels better.


Man alive, I can't even remember what I used to think about all day before being a mom, b/c all I can remember is before being a mom, when I was pregnant, I thought about pregnancy all day long!

Besides the cranky past few days, Breanna and I are having alot of fun together. We really do enjoy each other's company! I love bringing her around other people though too b/c she loves new faces. She just smiles and smiles, it's so fun. At church she's enthusiastic whenever people talk to her and smile at her.


We went to the zoo with 3 other moms on Friday and she had more fun watching the kids then the animals! (I really don't think she noticed the animals....she did love the aquarium though and all the fish, she couldn't stop staring and smiling at them...and surprisingly loved the sharks too!) That was really fun though, to go around with other moms at the zoo, I highly recommend it, b/c although the kids love it, the moms love it too b/c we get to socialize since the kids are highly entertained with the animals. (i had it the easiest b/c I only have one baby, the rest of the ladies had 2 or 3 that they were chasing after :)



Too bad....my camera batteries died at the entry of the zoo :(


That's all for now!

5 comments:

natalie said...

I have bad news: it's not just the first tooth that will hurt! Actually, Bryn didn't fuss much for the first two. Now she's getting her 3rd and 4th, and it's horrible! She whines ALL DAY. And all those dumb teething toys don't even help. The only thing I've found that she likes is chewing on a damp washcloth. Have you tried that?

Spiresfam said...

Ditto to the damp washcloth! It's a life savor for me too! It think Emma is cutting her 3rd and 4th too!
How cute is she when she is mad though! Ha!! Love the pictures and I am glad that you guys are enjoying a little warm weather!
ROB GET TIME OFF AND COME VISIT US!!!!!!!

Sarah and Casey said...

Hey its Sarah from BYUH. I got to your blog through Natalie's blog and let me tell you, your baby is adorable!

Tara said...

it's so fun to hear how you are doing! i hardly recognize breanna anymore, she is soo big. that picture of the lake is hilarious! pretty packed! someday you will have to come to hawaii to visit us!

m@R(! said...

okay so tell me if this is weird!! McKinley got her first 2 teeth at 5 months and now at 10 months she is getting 7 teeth all at the same time. i love your pictures