CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July is a fun month!

I really enjoy July, especially in Washington. Now, July in Hawaii was not too fun, very hot, but it's so nice here and there seems to be excitement in the air because of it being summertime.

I'm so excited because our friends Ashley and Nate just welcomed their beautiful baby girl into the world on July 17th. She's adorable and I can't wait to meet her! Congrats to them and well done to Ashley.

I found another website that has free movies. Not great quality and I was watching one the other day and didn't finish it b/c I thought, oh well I'll watch it sometime this week....well, 2 days later the links were gone, so that be a warning, finish the movie if you have time :) Ok... http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/. I like the free movie thing, but it has annoying stuff like the website across the movie the ENTIRE time and also, what's with the advertising? I used to go to other websites but they all got the gross girl advertising now...it seems like I can't find one without this stuff.

Life is good right now. I'm actually just waiting for Rob to get home right now. He's been gone since 7 this morning and it's 9:45PM right now. I miss him. I miss the days of seeing each other on our lunch breaks and after I got home from work. Or he would stop by the office and visit me for awhile. :( I miss him.

So, we rode the bus to Tacoma last Friday to meet Rob so he wouldn't have to come all the way down here to pick us up and then drive up to Gig Harbor where we were meeting some friends. It's interesting b/c Breanna and I did this last week too and it's the SAME people that ride the bus, the nice thing is they're commuters who ride from Olympia to Tacoma and it's a "Express" bus, no stops!

I don't know how many of you watch The Office, but while I was riding the bus it occurred to me that these people all know one another, spend lots of time every day together and by only riding the bus 2 times, I've noticed that people have "assigned seating" or really, they just sit by those they enjoy talking to. There is this one lady who talks the ENTIRE trip to an older gentleman and he sits there and listens the ENTIRE trip. She complains about work, family, trying to lose weight, etc. I could tell by their conversation that they are only "bus buddies".

So I got to thinking, what motivates him to listen the entire trip instead of watching his DVD player, which he's had out both times, but hasn't gotten to watch? There are a few older men in the back of the bus, some ladies who sit together in the front, some loners in the middle (trying to take a cat nap). I know this may sound lame to you, but I was thinking that these people could definitely be a comedy. Instead of The Office, it would be called The Bus. A show about a bunch of quirky, yet normal, people that commute to work each day and the comedy that lies in their daily lives.
THE BUS

Friday 9/8 Central on NBC

I really think it might be funny. Well, now you know what I thought about the 2nd time we rode the bus. FYI- the only reason I know what the conversation between those folks was about is b/c she was sitting across from me and was NOT trying to have a secret conversation. It seemed she was trying to have the entire bus hear her!

Well, that's all for now!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I like your bus idea. I would definately watch it! (It would have to come in on ABC though since that is the only channel we get :) The pics of Breanna are so cute. You are quite the photographer.

natalie said...

Good idea. Start writing! You have inspiration right in front of you. Maybe bring a tape recorder so you can write when Breanna is 25 and you finally have time to do stuff.
Also, I had a similar experience riding the bus from Draper to Provo for my last semester of school. The last time I did it, I never wanted to ride a bus again!

Spiresfam said...

HA, You crack me up Brooke!
ps how did it go last night? You recovered?

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

traci- we did survive, thank goodness! and today, i could see her tooth, its just about to break through the gums, it is visible though, so not much more time and it'll be here! (the 2nd one, the 1st broke through a few days ago) thanks for listening to me though. i just get so tired sometimes, especially when she's screaming in my ear....i feel bad for her, but i do get tired of the cranky baby though! where did my happy girl go? hopefully we'll get at least a week off until more teeth start coming :)

i saw ur new blog and will comment on it tomorrow, for now i need to get to sleep!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

kelly- thanks, funny b/c we don't even have tv right now! maybe that's why i'm coming up w/ television show idea in my head! the thing i do enjoy about NOT having cable is b/c i have more time to read at night after breanna goes to sleep. by the way, your house is beautiful! good luck on hitting a homerun, definitely lift some weights so u can score that vacation!

Natalie- that's a great idea about the tape recorder! i bet u were sick and tired of the bus when u were riding it. i just can't wait til august, then rob will be working on 5 minutes away from home and i will have the car everyday! as for now, we get around pretty well for no car! walking and riding the bus has been eventful and helped us to get to know the area!

Tara said...

very funny brooke! and wow! i can't believe rob was gone for that long. oh, the days i have to look forward to...