CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lately

Thanks for all the messages! I'm feeling really well, quite an easy recovery actually, I just need to make sure I don't over do it because I feel so well right now!


Rob and I have been very interested in real estate lately. It's interesting when you graduate from college you're very excited to be done studying. But now, it's been 2 years for me and I've been loving the learning/"studying" that we've been doing lately. We have been reading lots of books by Robert Kyosaki, author of "Rich dad, Poor dad." I love the book. Very eye opening and makes you look at the things you spend your money on! Most people don't like the topic of money in discussions with one another, but I love being able to learn about the different options of investing out there for us...it's really exciting, especially since we are still so young and have time to try out different options of investing.

One thing I've been really impressed with lately is our library. Not only have we gotten great books from there on investing, I've also gotten wonderful things for Breanna and myself. For Breanna there are tons of cd's that we pick out new ones each time we go, so we can listen to them when we're playing during the day. After awhile I got really sick of the nursery rhymes cd I had and so it's nice to have more options! There's also great lullabies and classical music to listen to while putting her to bed. We've gotten books for her and LOTS of books for me about babies, sign language, parenting skills, etc.

But...one more thing, I had no clue but they even have fun stuff to watch on DVD. I actually got Season 3 of Friends a couple of days ago while we were there and Rob and I have enjoyed watching an episode at night together! (I'm a big fan of that show and was really suprised to see it at the library, who would have known!)




What I've been doing lately is if there are books that I want to read I check the library first to see if they have it. Then I'll check it out and read it before I buy it and I buy it if I really enjoy the book. I love reading!

We haven't had a TV (well we have one, but no channels, that's why we'll watch a DVD) since we moved here 3 months ago and I've actually really liked it (although I thought i wouldn't). I don't have time to read and watch TV. This way I've been able to read alot!


I'm putting a random picture up that I like, it's of a hiking trip to Laie Falls, good times! Got this pic from the Spires fam. We went with Mark, Traci, Lacy and Scott! We miss all of you!

Also, we're still driving the LUXURIOUS big red van! These pics are from the flood in Laie 2 winters ago when the boys used the van to pull them in the mass amounts of water, that was fun!

1 comments:

natalie said...

The flood pictures are awesome!

I love the library too. Unfortunately ours right now is quite small and not connected to the other county libraries. I have no idea why. I miss my Draper library!