CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Go Dad GO!!!

Tomorrow, April Fool's Day, my Dad will be getting a bone marrow transplant. He has been in the hospital for 6 days now getting chemotherapy and other drugs that are necessary prior to a transplant.

My Dad was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma (a type of cancer) Aug. 31, 2007 and has been through all sorts of doctors and chemotherapy since then. He is a fighter and a trooper and has made it successfully to this point.

He has a bone marrow donor (through the national bone marrow bank) is a GREAT match (because no family members were matches) and because of this is being able to have this huge procedure done.

Tomorrow is a BIG day, his new birthday, and I love him and pray that everything will go as planned. Any prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated. He is my hero and has already gone through so much and is being so courageous to go through this!

GO DAD GO!!




11 comments:

m@R(! said...

i had no idea...we will for sure keep him in our prayers. you dad is one amazing man for sure.

Donna Shoop said...

keep us posted! I hope everything goes well for your family!

Jessica said...

Good luck to him! I hope everythings goes well!

Ashley C said...

We will pray for him. I hope it all goes perfectly.

natalie said...

Best of luck to your dad. We will be praying for him and for your family.

Laura McGee said...

good luck!! :) your dad will be in our prayers! :)

Jeff Snoy said...

b,
that was so very kind of you to do. the whole thing made me cry--which i do a lot lately. Love you with all my heart! Momxoxo

Teresa said...

You're a sweet girl as are your other sisters. Your mom and dad are blessed to have you and you are blessed to have them. I'm proud of the strength you all are showing through this ordeal. My prayers continue to be with you all. Much love, Aunt T.

Tara said...

your sweet dad is in our prayers!

Tiffany Winters said...

My mom has been updating me regularly. He has been in our prayers!

Matti said...

He will definately be in our prayers.