CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

3 miles!!!

I know that might not sound like alot to you ladies who run a lot, but I ran 3 miles on the treadmill last night at the gym!

I've been running .25 miles then walking .25, then running, etc.... but I decided to see how long I could run for straight and I did 3 miles! The last 1/2 mile was hard. My back started cramping and hurting bad (I'm having issues with my back that are currently being worked on at a chiropractor). But I told myself 3 miles would be a really great accomplishment, especially b/c I've only been running 1 mile or 1.5 miles when I do the incremental running!

Wahoo! I'm sore today, but it feels good actually. So, now I just need to get a great playlist on the ipod, b/c when I had the musica blasting with fun songs it wasn't too bad. When I had to find a new, upbeat, fun song while jogging, that was hard...so I need a running playlist. I think I'll try to run again tomorrow morning when I go to the gym.

Wish me luck, but I'm not going to try to beat 3 miles, just continue the habit of running, maybe next week I'll try to beat it :)

5 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic! Next time I see you I'll share my running playlist.

m@R(! said...

wahoo!!! keep it up, pretty soon 3 miles will be nothing. :)

Laura McGee said...

thats awesome! thats a 5k.. well 3.11 miles is, but still!! way to go!

Matti said...

Awesome job! I am impressed hontesly. I think it's awesome anytime anyone runs farther than they think they can. Wheather it's half a mile or 40 miles. You should be proud of that accomplishment! Good job!

natalie said...

great job! keep it up.