CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Church today

Church today was great. We are in our new ward which is exciting and makes me nervous too. We met more people which is great! The kids did pretty well in Sacrament meeting, Breanna actually did great. Ethan was interested in the baby behind him and talked to the lady next to us. He is not shy at all, talking with her, sharing his book, touching her shoes, etc...luckily she didn't mind. The only big issue was when he kicked his toy car across the florr, and it went far! Had to take him out for that offense :)

But, I've been really impressed at how well they've done with the new ward. The nursery leader said that whatever ward we came from obviously knew what they were doing and they want to learn what they're doing, b/c apparently Ethan was awesome. They said he shared, talked, sang, and didn't fight! (seriously!?!?!) But big props to Parker ward and Erika Saunders (Nursery Leader) for all they did for our kiddos there!

Breanna is doing great in Sunbeams. She told me today that she was a good example. She said she was quiet while they went to the bathroom and that she folded her arms when they were walking in the hall :) That just made my heart melt for my little grown up girl! She was excited that they played "Going on a Bear Hunt" and sang "5 little ducks" at the end. She also said the teacher gave them a surprise, a snack :) She loved that.

I'm greatful for my kids behaving today, not perfectly for Sacrament, believe me it was work, but they did great overall. I'm greatful that they are learning to behave at church and be good in their classes. I'm also greatful that I got to sit by Rob in Sunday School and listen to the lesson there and in Relief Society uninterrupted, with no children. Actually just sitting there was fantastic! After having each child I have been given a calling right before they get to nursery (around 16 months old) where I am busy for both hours, usually a primary calling (secretary, 1st counselor, then teacher), so I haven't been able to just listen to the lesson. It feels like it's been years, b/c it's really been since Breanna was born, after her came all the taking care of someone else at church and not being able to pay attention, real attention.

I'm enjoying this stage b/c I know they'll get me for a calling pretty soon I'm sure!


(No.......this is not us at church :) It's a pic of us at the St. Patty's Day parade in Denver, but I thought it was cute....and have no recent pics b/c I can't find my camera cord!)

2 comments:

nick said...

Yay! I am glad you had a good day at church...
I never realized how hard it is to take a child to church until yesterday. It will be a long time before I get to just sit and listen to the entire lesson again. You've got some great kids.

jess bahr said...

oops! I was signed in with my husbands accout! That was me!
-Jess