CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Paxton Asher Black








Michelle is doing so well as a new mommy and Paxton is so precious. I'm so glad that I got to come out here and be with them and help out. Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking on watching Breanna each evening and dealing with her tantrums when things don't go her way. Thanks to all the wonderful ladies in the ward who are watching Breanna during the days.

Paxton is very happy little boy. He is calm and happy throughout the majority of the day. He does HATE his diaper being changed, baths and gets cranky for 3 hours each evening when all he wants to do is nurse. The rest of the day he is happy and calm. He is AMAZING at night. I've been getting up the first feeding around 1am and then Michelle does 4 or 4:30AM and then he sleeps again til 8ish WOW!!! I told Michelle she has the most awesome child and to enjoy every evening b/c this is amazing.

He loves his carseat and sleeps in it all night b/c he doesn't particularly like the bassinet....at all. He loves his head being rubbed by his mom. He is not easily tricked by the pacifier, he'd rather get the "good stuff" from mom :) He is so tiny, but eating VERY well and has got to be gaining weight. He gets super calm when he needs to poo....so unlike most babies, he just relaxes and does his thing!

We have been able to get out and about, go on walks, to the beach, shop for preemie clothes, get yummy Ted's bakery pie (I've been dreaming about it), and all sorts of stuff.

I went walking with him yesterday to let Michelle get a nap and a break and I went to the temple visitors center. All the sister missionaries LOVED him and just stared and swarmed to him. I did get quite funny glances and you could tell people are trying to figure out how I could be SO pregnant and have a newborn. I automatically say, "he's not mine, he's my sisters..." then the replies, "oh, that makes sense" or "i was trying to figure out what was going on", "i thought you had one twin early and still one inside", "maybe you adopted him and had one on the way". I think I'm going to stop saying anything and just let everyones imagination run free :)

2 comments:

Matti said...

Haha! Funny story about the visitors center. Glad you are having so much fun together! I hope to see you again before you leave!

P Kirkwood said...

I'm glad you're having a great time! Breanna is here today and it was so cute this morning. The story starts last Wednesday when Rob picked Breanna up. I told him that April Hoeveler had commented that she had never seen Breanna with her hair down. I explained that you were gone and she would probably have her hair down for the whole week. Well, your sweet husband took this comment as a challenge, I think, because today, he showed up and seemed so happy to show me Breanna's hair was up. I have to say, it's a pretty good job, too. Right now Breanna is feeding a little doll to the dinosaur that Anna's playing with! Anna is singing a song she's titled "I eat meat..Feed me meat!" while Breanna is stuffing the doll in the t-rex's mouth. Anna keeps calling Breanna "My dear darling" and it makes Breanna giggle!