CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Steamboat Springs











My parents got a condo for a week in Steamboat Springs and invited any of us to come up if we wanted, so Breanna, Ethan and I took them up on the offer. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive, which I was quite nervous about, but the kids did fantastic!

We are going to be here for 2 1/2 days and have had a great first day. Today we rode the bus to the ski mountain and watched Grampy go down a hill and ride the chairlift....also saw kids riding down the baby hill, which Breanna is going to do her first skiing ever tomorrow with Grampy! He rented her skis and boots tonight and she is really excited and proud of herself to be going with him tomorrow. She stomped around the condo in her boots and skis tonight "practicing".

We went swimming and hot tubbing with the kiddos while Grampy finished skiing. Then we went on a hike to a waterfall which was beautiful and terrifying for me :) Since it's April and Steamboat has gotten over 400 inches of snow this season you are hiking on top of the snow. If you stay right on the trail it's slick, but doable even with kids, cuz it's only a 1/4 mile to the falls. Grampy carried Ethan and Grammy and I traded off holding Breanna's hand. It has quite a drop off in certain areas which made me nervous b/c of the kids. At the end is a bridge which all I could imagine was my kids slipping off of it, even with an adult holding onto them the entire time. I know I sound paranoid, but just the other day (when it was over 75 degrees) we went to the creek and Ethan just fell in b/c he wasn't paying attention to the ground, but looking at everything else in the world that is exciting and interesting. Now, this was a tiny fall and he got soaked and cold, but it was 75 degrees and no big deal. This would have been a different story in the mountains with freezing cold water. That is why I was scared. I know it has happened and the kid runs into things, falls off things, walks over things, that are RIGHT THERE IN FRONT of HIS FACE EVERYDAY, and he doesn't notice!!!!

Anywho, it was a great hike, I'd like to do it again, when there's no snow and you can actually can hike on the trail!



1 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

Cute pictures. I'm so glad that you guys get to hang out with your parents and how fun that you have a new house. Good luck with everything.