CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Steamboat Springs

I am still catching up with these pics. We went on a "springs" tour and walked to a few different sulphur springs while we were there!

They stunk really bad like rotten eggs, Breanna was not a fan, but they were very cool! There was a black one, blue one, lake with tiny bubbling ones, all different and unique. I was surprised that they all weren't hot. There were some that were 68 degrees, pretty cool if you ask me.

We all felt them to test their different temperatures (the signs told us, but the kids wanted to check).

We found out that Breanna is allergic to sulphur b/c she rubbed her face after touching the springs and ended up with a rash and her face started swelling. Luckily my Mom, Dad and I did not tell her, so she had no idea anything was wrong. We even took her swimming after (b/c that's what we had promised). I got her washed off really well to make sure there was no sulphur left, but it kept slowly getting a tiny bit worse, so my mom and I secretly cut the swimming short and she ran to the store for benedryl and some cream for her face while I showered the kids and got them fed. It stopped getting worse and we had a great rest of the evening! She has never been allergic to anything so far, so this was quite interesting.

The springs were fun!




I am not trying to drop him in here.....just trying to get his little arms to touch the water!

Hard to see, but super cute pic of Ethan and Grampy waving to the camera...



1 comments:

Rob and Kat said...

looks fun! cold, but fun!